Thursday, October 20, 2011
Silicone Rubber Properties and applications
1) It has high resistance to oxidation and weathering.
2) Resistant towards ozone and corona.
3) Low water absorption capacity.
4) Silicone rubber is odorless, inert and a stainless rubber.
5) It has extraordinary electrical qualities.
Silicone Rubber Properties:
Silicon rubber is extensively used in automobiles, to make apparels like undergarments, footwear, sportswear, medical devices and many more. One great thing about silicone rubber is that it can be extruded into strips, solid cords, tubes and many more according to the requirement. Therefore silicone rubber can be easily moulded to create custom designs and shapes. Always use the silicone rubber on non porous surface as using it on porous surface will cause the staining. Like if you will use silicone rubber product on marble then it will get stains.